There’s nothing worse than getting a bill that costs a lot more than you thought it would. Unfortunately, if you’re like most Americans, this has probably happened to you at least once in the past couple months. Costs for electricity and natural gas are up, causing many homeowners to spend more than they normal do on utility costs for their home. While there’s no way to tell when costs will return to normal, you can certain steps that will help you save money in the meantime, like installing window film for your Austin home. Below, we’ve shared some of the ways that residential window films help homeowners save money.
Why Is My Utility Bill so High?
There are some very good reasons why your utility costs may have gone up in the past few months. And, unless you’ve somehow doubled your energy use, chances are, none of them are your fault. There are a number of factors impacting energy costs in the U.S. including:
- the invasion of Ukraine by Russia
- economic disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- global economic inflation
- higher gas prices, leading to higher electricity costs
How Window Film Can Help You Save Money
There’s no way to control what the utility companies are charging. However, you can take steps to reduce your energy consumption, which will save you money. Installing window film for your Austin home is a great way to curb your energy use. Window tinting helps homeowners save money by:
- Reducing reliance on air conditioning: By keeping heat out of your home, window tints help reduce your reliance on air conditioning, save you money on electricity.
- Keeping rooms warm during the winter: Low-e coatings such as 3M Thinsulate can help keep your home warm during the winter, saving you money on heating costs.
- Providing a natural source of light: Instead of using electricity powered lights to illuminate your interior, you can use the sunlight instead. Window tint blocks heat without blocking light!
Looking to Save? We Can Help!
Call our office today to get more information about window film for your Austin home!